Wednesday 2 December 2009

Second Front Cover Mock-Up



This image shows my second front cover mock up, to help decide on actual positioning and effects I chose to create this mock up using photoshop. I chose the font for my masthead as it looks very similar to graffiti and as stated earlier this is one of the most common recurring themes on the R&B scene. To add to this I then used the brush tool to create a dripping effect off the end of the “D” of Bump&Grind to make this slightly more realistic I made it the same colour as the colour I used for the shadowing of my mast head, this dripping effect is also useful as it draws the eye towards my button which I have also used a brush for instead of using a conventional shape tool.
I have chosen to place my cover lines along the sides and bottom of my front cover as this will ensure they do not overlap my main image.
Throughout the mock up there is a clear colour scheme that I have strictly followed this is the one that was proved to be most appealing to people when doing my music magazine research , I have chosen to use the red to conventionalise the eye line of my magazine cover, excusing the button the red text follows the traditional “C” shape I believe this will make the reader feel much more relaxed and comfortable when looking at my front cover and therefore more likely to buy it as it is set out in a similar way to the majority of magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment