Sunday 10 January 2010

New Front Cover Shoot

After seeing some other peoples work I realised my front cover was not up to the same standard, to alter this I would have to make some drastic changes to my magazine, this would include a change in model, title, cover lines, and colour scheme.
I began from sracth however due to my late reconstruction of my magazine I was short on time and in order to not fall behind I began finding a new model, costume and suitable location immediately! The model posing as “Megan Moore” in the new version of my magazine is Tash Khan, for my front cover shoot I decided to have her wearing bold simplistic colours to attract attention however not distract from the other cover lines and masthead. I dressed Tash in a fitted deep red dress with a black leather jacket, tights and high heels.
I finally found inspiration for the location of the shoot by a slightly run down building, I shot outside capturing both the neglected pavement and the contrast of the white wall of the building. This basic environment only enhanced the bold colours that Tash was wearing, (an unexpected success!)
As there was no time to decide on which poses I wanted Tash to use in the photographs together we found stimulation through both fashion and music magazines.
The following three shots were my favourite from the shoot I eventually decided on the second for my main image on the front cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment